In the middle of the semester, the energy and motivation can lack, simply a “mid-period-slump”. Then you can use the GROW model. A good way of thinking about the GROW model is to think about how you’d plan a journey. First, you decide where you’re going (the goal), and establish where you currently are (the reality). You then explore various routes (the options) to your destination. In the final step, establishing the will (the way forward), you ensure that you’re committed to making the journey, and are prepared for the obstacles that you could meet on the way.
1. Goal – Your goal
- What do you want to achieve?
- What is the next step to complete it?
- What does the time frame look like?
- What would a successful outcome look like?
2. Reality – Your current situation
- What steps have you taken so far?
- What stops you from taking more?
- What obstacles are on the way?
- What resources do you have and what additional resources do you need?
3. Options – Your options
- In what ways could you approach the task?
- What options do you have?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative?
- What is the best / worst that can happen?
4. Way forward – Ditt beslut
- What will you do?
- When will you do it?
- What obstacles can you foresee and how should you overcome them?
- What support do you need and how can you get this support?
Vill du ha ytterligare tips på hur du kan återfå din motivation eller hur du kan peppa dina kollegor? Eller har du något annat du vill få hjälp med? Vi hjälper dig gärna!